Here are some great links on writing, the industry, and all things book related. Some are serious, and some are just downright hilarious. We highly recommend you read them!
- Twitter: It’s Not You, It’s Me
- What is Dystopian Fiction?
- Lulu Title Scorer
- Your Mileage May Vary
- What Happens When It IS You
- 5 Things That Make A Writer
– A writer’s letter to Twitter – a really great read if you’re on Twitter as well (or even if you’re thinking of using it).
– As someone who took a Utopian/Dystopian literature course a few years back, I’m thrilled that Dystopian fiction is trending in YA. In this article, Meagan Spooner talks about what makes dystopian fiction… well, dystopian. (I also loves that she brings up Thomas Moore’s Utopia, which I recommend you read).
– Think your title has what it takes? How likely is it that your title becomes a bestseller? Try out this title scorer!
– A wonderful post by author Libba Bray, responding to a message from a reader seeking advice for her future.
– What it feels like to be on submission.
– Interesting article on what makes a writer.
“If writers were good businessmen, they’d have too much sense to be writers.”
— Irvin S. Cobb
“Be persistent. Editors change; tastes change; editorial markets change. Too many beginning writers give up too easily.”
— John Jakes
“I don’t want to create responsible shows with lawyers in them. I want to invade people’s dreams.”
—Joss Whedon, writer/producer
If you’ve come across any great links/quotes, share them in the comments!