A few days ago, to our delight, the wonderful Heather Howland awarded us the Stylish Blogger Award!
So this is what we have to do now:
1) Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
3) Award some recently discovered great bloggers.
4) Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
And without further ado…
7 Things About Us:
1. We span three continents.
2. Most of us write up our posts an hour or so before they’re scheduled to go live.
3. We’re really responsible.
4. We like cake, though a mutinous few have mentioned something about preferring pie, or whatever.
5. In our calendar, where we’re supposed to schedule individual dates for posts, we’re also supposed to say what topic we’re going to write about. More often than not though, all you see is “[Name] posts something” and its variations.
6. Almost all of our conversations about Serious Things become derailed, and very quickly so. Most recently, a conversation about how it’s generally incorrect to put two spaces after a period turned into a conversation about Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail.
7. We haven’t all met in person, but when we do, it’ll be a party.
Here are some great links on writing, the industry, and all things book related. Some are serious, and some are just downright hilarious. We highly recommend you read them!
- When To Keep Your Trap Shut
Agent Jennifer Laughran talks about the importance of keeping the details of your submissions process private.
- Bookish Purses
Like being literate and fashionable? How about a purse made from a book?
- Winnie the Pooh in French
The combination of Winnie the Pooh and a little French girl was just too adorable not to share!
- KCI Digital Archives
Writing a period piece? Steampunk? Need some ideas about fashion in a particular time period? Look no further. This site covers fashion from 1750-1990.
- Emotion: It’s What’s for Dinner
An excellent look at the importance of conveying emotion in storytelling.
- Love’s Labour’s Located
Someone was genius enough to create an iPhone app that will provide you with a tour of Shakespeare’s London, even though many of the sites no longer exist.
- And in the Morning, I’m Making Waffles!
A funny, yet insightful look at how dialogue is a lot like waffles.